5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Protector for Warlock

JakePlissken

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2022 RAM 1500 Warlock 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab 4x4. I purchased the truck one month ago with 2,100 miles on it. So far, I love it! Doing the typical new truck add-ons currently. Just put a Tonno Pro Lo Roll cover on yesterday but I can't seem to find a hood protector that will fit this model. I don't want the bug/rock deflector that sticks up. I want something very low profile that almost sits completely flat on the hood. I got one from AVS for my old F150 a long time ago and it was wonderful. Try as I might, I can't find one for this truck. Below are 2 links for hood protectors that I am interested in but neither list a 2022 as a proper fitment. Even though the trucks look to be identical. Can anyone confirm if these would fit or provide me with a link to something that would work? Thanks!

Looking for this but doesn't appear they sell one to fit a 2022 Warlock:

M3forged

Reaction score
I just went through this for my 21 Rebel and believe it or not good ole Auto Zone was able to order one. It's from AVS, called Aeroskin. I'm not familiar with the Warlock hood shape but I would think they could tell you.

If you want it perfect make sure you mock fit it first and maybe use masking tape as an outline too before using the 2 sided 3m tape on the underside of the plastic. I would caution against putting it on in the cold. Ask me how I know. 2nd time around I used spring clamps that have rubber ends to really get the tape set. Hope this helps!

20240313_133348.jpg

Last edited:

JakePlissken

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I had an AVS Aeroskin on my F150. This is my first RAM so getting used to locating parts for these things. To my understanding, a Warlock is just a Classic with some different bolt on parts but then I’ll come across something and if I put in Warlock it will say it won’t fit but if I say classic it will confirm fit. So far my only annoyance is that RAM/Dodge has so many different styles to fit different tastes that it seems the part finders can’t keep everything straight. Or, genuinely none of these pieces fit and everything is hard to find.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, a 22 Warlock is a Classic, which is a 4th gen truck. In 24, I think, they switched the Warlock to a 5th gen package on the Tradesman.

It can get confusing. Quite often they say things won't fit when they just haven't confirmed. Although, I was looking at some fender flares for my Rebel. They state they will not fit a Rebel, but the model truck showing their flares was a Rebel. 😄

JakePlissken

Reaction score
Yes, a 22 Warlock is a Classic, which is a 4th gen truck. In 24, I think, they switched the Warlock to a 5th gen package on the Tradesman.

It can get confusing. Quite often they say things won't fit when they just haven't confirmed. Although, I was looking at some fender flares for my Rebel. They state they will not fit a Rebel, but the model truck showing their flares was a Rebel. 😄
That's like the exact thing I'm running into with these hood protectors. I've come across listings showing they would fit a 2018 model and they show a photo that looks exactly like the front of my truck but when I input my information it says it won't fit. If this is the most annoying part of owning a Dodge/RAM though I am all for it. Dodge always seems to have the most style options to fit different tastes. Overall, I'm just hoping this truck is built better mechanically than my F150 was. Still a little disappointed that the Hemi is tagged as being made in Mexico but I guess that's normal these days.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran this on my 17 color-matched and worked and looked great

JakePlissken

Reaction score
I ran this on my 17 color-matched and worked and looked great

I found this too but when you select options it says all models EXCEPT Warlock

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a classic with sport hood correct? Unless they quit making for sport hood. Maybe put in 2017 and see. 1000000256.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go my dude. The sport hood is the same at the Warlock hood. And MY22 Classic Five lug Ram is the same as 4th gen. So most, if not all 4th gen ram parts will work on your ‘22 1500 Classic Warlock.

Confirm with Amber @Realtruck and she will get you all settled. Her customer service is top notch! 👌

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that is the hood. It's super confusing. All indications are that it should be proper fitment but then it will say "excludes Warlock" and I am left stumped.
Yeah sometimes they don't research what they put in the ad. Confusing, just like some places still call the RAM a Dodge :rolleyes:

JakePlissken

Reaction score
Here you go my dude. The sport hood is the same at the Warlock hood. And MY22 Classic Five lug Ram is the same as 4th gen. So most, if not all 4th gen ram parts will work on your ‘22 1500 Classic Warlock.

Confirm with Amber @Realtruck and she will get you all settled. Her customer service is top notch! 👌

I understand what you're saying and I appreciate the assistance but if you input the vehicle details you get this (see photo). It clearly states "Except Warlock"

Attachments

• Image 3-22-24 at 11.55 AM.jpeg
    Image 3-22-24 at 11.55 AM.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I'll take a chance here. Still super confusing to me. Definitely want one. Hopefully it works!
If you have the same hood that I have in the picture posted above then you have the sport hood. The regular hood is different. That's why it says except Sport/Warlock. You want the SPORT version.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I'll take a chance here. Still super confusing to me. Definitely want one. Hopefully it works!
The Warlock trim package comes optioned with a Sport hood. I’d make a friendly wager that it does work for you. If I was in your shoes, I would buy it. But reach out to Amber @Realtruck and she will work her magic for your truck. 💯💯💯

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Right on, the Warlock has the Sport hood! The AVS® Aeroskin® Bug Shield part that fits the Sport will work for your Warlock (y)

I'm more than happy to get you a pricing quote, check availability and shipping times and guarantee fitment. Feel free to PM me directly or email me at [email protected].

JakePlissken

Reaction score
Right on, the Warlock has the Sport hood! The AVS® Aeroskin® Bug Shield part that fits the Sport will work for your Warlock (y)

I'm more than happy to get you a pricing quote, check availability and shipping times and guarantee fitment. Feel free to PM me directly or email me at [email protected].
Thank you! Attached is a photo of the truck. Sorry I don't have a better photo of the hood. It's the best I have at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread