5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Modification

ngtmre88

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully removed the plastic venting and/or the 1500 etorque plastic badging on the hood? Are they going to leave holes if I remove them?

Sorry if I missed this thread somewhere else.. redirect me if need be.

tillyface89

Reaction score
If you remove the "1500" badging they are indents and holes there. I took mine out and plasidipped them black.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you asking about the sport performance hood or the regular hood? If you're asking about the sports hood, here's what it looks like with one of the "vents" removed...
Missing hood vent.JPG

ngtmre88

Reaction score
Are you asking about the sport performance hood or the regular hood? If you're asking about the sports hood, here's what it looks like with one of the "vents" removed...
I have what you have.. Those cut-outs are extremely unfortunate :sick:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I should have figured that out on my own since you have a Rebel. You could always try finding someone to trade hoods with if you don't like your sport hood. Lots of people would rather have your hood.

raygun9

Reaction score
I hate the fake vents on the Gen5 sport hoods... in comparison to the gen4 sport hoods its a big whiff IMO. Wish there was something aftermarket for them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the fake vents on the Gen5 sport hoods... in comparison to the gen4 sport hoods its a big whiff IMO. Wish there was something aftermarket for them.
You can modify the plastic inserts and hood liner to make the vents functional.

raygun9

Reaction score
I just mean the way it looks compared to the 4th gen

Users who are viewing this thread