5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Emblem removed

SandKey

Reaction score
So my passenger side hood emblem has gone missing? Looking at the paint closely it looks like there’s chipping, like someone just pried it off? Replacement’s on order, dealer said I’m not the only one! E290F820-A716-45E9-BCFC-2DF5F1CD6937.jpeg 3ECFCB21-4D29-4E1C-BD39-070B19BCFDA4.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So my passenger side hood emblem has gone missing? Looking at the paint closely it looks like there’s chipping, like someone just pried it off? Replacement’s on order, dealer said I’m not the only one! View attachment 89821 View attachment 89823
Those things are really tight from the factory (mine were a pain to remove) unless they didn't seat it correctly.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a bummer, it must not be cheap to buy a replacement.
I know coworkers had their tail lights stolen on the 4th gen. Rams.
The emblems on my Rebel are close to the center of the hood, might be harder to get at without a step stool.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen them at dealerships priced from $40 to $65 each. Not what I'd call cheap, but also not worth taking the chance of getting caught stealing (not that anything really is). I remember back in the day when cars had hood ornaments. People would steal them just to collect them. Or on a dare or for initiation. Hopefully that's not becoming a "thing" again.

Users who are viewing this thread