5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood emblem removal

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just picked up a flame red big horn with the sport appearance package. Really enjoying the truck, I came out of a 2016 torred sport. I'm not a fan of the chrome emblems, so I painted all mine black, looks really good, problem is I'm not happy with the hood emblem, I want to paint the part that says hemi 5.7 L red, and it's a pain doing it while on the truck, does anyone know if they just snap into the hood, or are they bolted..the hood blanket covers the area where they are all on the underside of the hood.. Maybe a shap employee can chime in.

Attachments

• IMG_20180612_195942_133.jpg
    IMG_20180612_195942_133.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 402

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a SS aftermarket contact? I personally think these plastic hood badges are the cheapest looking thing on the new Ram. If the interior is all metal, why can't the hood badge be metal too? I'd pay for some half as thick (less wind drag?) SS replacements in a heartbeat.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a SS aftermarket contact? I personally think these plastic hood badges are the cheapest looking thing on the new Ram. If the interior is all metal, why can't the hood badge be metal too? I'd pay for some half as thick (less wind drag?) SS replacements in a heartbeat.
I'd love to see a badge that somehow includes eTorque (e.g. "5.7L HEMI eTorque"). I think Ram missed a branding opportunity here, i.e. they could have created an eTorque logo for use on Jeeps and Rams. I have some ideas about that ;) Anyway, if you find a supplier, maybe we can come up with something.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I have the same truck and I cant figure out how to change the front nameplates

I used a clip tool like the one pictured below to get some leverage under the bottom left corner of the driver's side bezel to pry up the corner to get it started coming off. You could certainly use something else to pry with, but just make sure to put something underneath it to protect the paint (I used a piece of leather from an old hashed work glove).

1544477551090.png

Hope that helps... (y)

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
i am looking to do the same but i have the sport hood on my truck which the emblems are different. I would like to know if anyone has removed the chrome badge from the sport hood and if so how does it attach? If it is just stick on i am thinking of removing it and leaving it off. If it has holes behind it i will get the back vs th chrome.

Attachments

• ram-1500-sport.jpg
    ram-1500-sport.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 353605aecb9ae7994bcc85c34f22cb0e.jpg
    353605aecb9ae7994bcc85c34f22cb0e.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 356

Pressgrove

Reaction score
i am looking to do the same but i have the sport hood on my truck which the emblems are different. I would like to know if anyone has removed the chrome badge from the sport hood and if so how does it attach? If it is just stick on i am thinking of removing it and leaving it off. If it has holes behind it i will get the back vs th chrome.

There's tons of information about rebadging on this thread. The entire black plastic cowl piece is replaceable.

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
There's tons of information about rebadging on this thread. The entire black plastic cowl piece is replaceable.
yes i know the entire piece is replaceable but no one can tell me if just the badge comes off and what's behind it. I cant find anything on that yet. I dont want to buy a whole new bezel if the badge comes off and its clean underneath. I will leave the badge off then.

jmr

Reaction score
I used a plastic trim tool to pry on the corner then pull and it pops out.
Attached are some pics of what it looks like with the badge removed...it would be nice if there was a grille there instead.
IMG_8114.JPG IMG_8126.JPG

AlwaysHungry

Reaction score
Does the front RAM letters come off in a similar way? I was trying to pry it off but I am worried that something will snap off, its attached really tight, any suggestions are appreciated!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd love to see a badge that somehow includes eTorque (e.g. "5.7L HEMI eTorque"). I think Ram missed a branding opportunity here, i.e. they could have created an eTorque logo for use on Jeeps and Rams. I have some ideas about that ;) Anyway, if you find a supplier, maybe we can come up with something.

Good idea...You should send that to ram Customer care let them know.

Jayzram23

Reaction score
Does the front RAM letters come off in a similar way? I was trying to pry it off but I am worried that something will snap off, its attached really tight, any suggestions are appreciated!

I would use a razor blade to get under the letters and then a pry tool to pry the clips free. I color matched mine

a7731e3e3de285587f79d7b4bdb2a8ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram1984

Reaction score
I used plastic trim removal tools. I broke 1 clip on the chrome R A M front grill emblem

Users who are viewing this thread