5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hood emblem question

ramhouston

Reaction score
what is the best and safest method to remove the hood emblems? I know there are a couple of videos on YouTube explaining how to but i don’t trust those folks.. TIA!

Attachments

• FEBB90C6-52CC-4F73-8E53-2B09B20CEC6E.jpeg
    FEBB90C6-52CC-4F73-8E53-2B09B20CEC6E.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 38

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
what is the best and safest method to remove the hood emblems? I know there are a couple of videos on YouTube explaining how to but i don’t trust those folks.. TIA!
I changed out my chrome ones for some black eTorque ones. I used a plastic trim removal tool. Just slide it under and pop it up.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Harbor Freight $8.99, similar on Amazon. Good for anything you need to takeapart on the interior. The emblem you pictured just pops out. The one on the tailgate, not so much. Clips and super gorilla tape holds it. I got to mine brand new so it was only a son of a son of a *****!
64126_I.jpg

ramhouston

Reaction score
Harbor Freight $8.99, similar on Amazon. Good for anything you need to takeapart on the interior. The emblem you pictured just pops out. The one on the tailgate, not so much. Clips and super gorilla tape holds it. I got to mine brand new so it was only a son of a son of a *****!
View attachment 140877
which angle should i pry the emblem from?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They come off so easy that you probably don’t even need the tool. Just pry it from one of the corners and it will pop right off.

However, as previously stated, the one on the tailgate is another story!

ramhouston

Reaction score
They come off so easy that you probably don’t even need the tool. Just pry it from one of the corners and it will pop right off.

However, as previously stated, the one on the tailgate is another story!
no clips will break.. right?

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
no clips will break.. right?

Question, why are you taking it off?

Here's what it looks like. Just pick a side and pop it out. It's just a crappy plastic emblem. I replaced mine with all black crappy plastic embems from Ebay.
A12SASGJFOL._AC_SX679_.jpg

And the tailgate one if you are interested has pins, clips and super tape. I destroyed mine getting it off. That's OK though, I wanted to put a different one on anyway.

91qkIxREugL._AC_SX679_.jpg

ramhouston

Reaction score
Question, why are you taking it off?

Here's what it looks like. Just pick a side and pop it out. It's just a crappy plastic emblem. I replaced mine with all black crappy plastic embems from Ebay.
View attachment 140906

And the tailgate one if you are interested has pins, clips and super tape. I destroyed mine getting it off. That's OK though, I wanted to put a different one on anyway.

View attachment 140907
I’m planning to swap mine out for the black ones. I have plans to replace the tailgate emblem too but that’ll be last due to how difficult it is.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I’m planning to swap mine out for the black ones. I have plans to replace the tailgate emblem too but that’ll be last due to how difficult it is.
Go for it! That's what I did. Why worry about damaging them? Your replacing them. Mine sat around the garage about a year before I put them in the big green storage bin.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I bought the plastic trim tools from Harbor Freight to not mess up rhe trucks paint.
I found a YouTube video showing how to pry it up and off.
I originally wanted to replace with bought black emblems, but they were $50 per side....
I removed the logo, I did crack o e of the tabs but when I reinstalled the logo it's been rock solid since.
I sprayed the logos with black enamel paint that matches my painted rims, and also matches the black emblem kit I bought for the truck.
20221013_205539.jpg

JoeI21

Reaction score
I bought the plastic trim tools from Harbor Freight to not mess up rhe trucks paint.
I found a YouTube video showing how to pry it up and off.
I originally wanted to replace with bought black emblems, but they were $50 per side....
I removed the logo, I did crack o e of the tabs but when I reinstalled the logo it's been rock solid since.
I sprayed the logos with black enamel paint that matches my painted rims, and also matches the black emblem kit I bought for the truck.
View attachment 141055
can you post the video you used?

KRField

Reaction score
If you pop the hood there are aces holes to push the tabs out from the inside. No prying on the outside needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread