5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Change

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been debating changing to the sport hood but came across this hellcat hood and kinda like the way it looks plus I was thinking it would pair well with the Ram air cold intake. I have a body shop to either paint match the hood or I may go matte black to be a little different. What do y’all think?
5E4B4C9E-9FCD-4FDB-A687-DDB07D13DB32.jpeg

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I have seen several hoods available, but being that I have had quite a few different hoods on my cars....I keep trying to find someone to verify fitment. You will never be 100% OEM, but close works in the aftermarket world when it comes to things of this nature.

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
I have been looking at aftermarket ( fiberglass ) hoods and would prefer one that was closer to a nostalgia Hemi hood or a Demon ( 1 opening ) hood. I've written to Amerihood about making some changes in their mold inserts///no replies to date//// Likely it's just me but I don't like the smaller screen "vents". Looks like the FCA engineers were tossing in a "Transformer" design for youth appeal. Experience in the body shop has shown the screen material to be soft (malleable), easily deformed. Would have preferred a large front scoop with a screen/openings at the cowl for heat dispersal .
Also... those thick portions on the side of the scoop take away from the aesthetics. If I an get my hands on a stock , minimal emblem hood, I may attempt to add my own ( yes...know it is aluminum...TIG weld, carefully ). Any other known aftermarket options ???
( Anyone taking into account that the original airbox is over to the side ? Present aftermarket hoods use an underhood plenum to direct air to the factory box. A real front-facing scoop will also require some developing of a means to move air directly into the MAS, etc. Thinking Mopar 6-pack type)

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I have the Amerihood hood. Love it! Fitment is on point. I was only worried about looks, as you have to go a ridiculous speed anyhoo to really have any type of gains as they say.

I also have the SB intake. I since removed the clear plexi (since I took this pic) over the intake. It is etched with SB logo, and not all that great looking. SB said it was fine to remove, even though I know it'll get dirtier quicker.

Attachments

• 20191208_155453.jpg
    20191208_155453.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 20191215_154044.jpg
    20191215_154044.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 187

NightmareMark

Reaction score
I have the Amerihood hood. Love it! Fitment is on point. I was only worried about looks, as you have to go a ridiculous speed anyhoo to really have any type of gains as they say.

I also have the SB intake. I since removed the clear plexi (since I took this pic) over the intake. It is etched with SB logo, and not all that great looking. SB said it was fine to remove, even though I know it'll get dirtier quicker.
That Hood looks great!

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score

Very nice. Looks like that will be my choice. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread