5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood and quarter panel gap issue

Hbag88

Reaction score
Hello,
First post so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just got a 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel. I noticed the gap between my hood and the quarter panel is bigger on the driver side compared to the other. Wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they were able to fix it.
Thank you,

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, just looks like they didn't get the alignment just right, pretty easy to adjust actually from the hood.

That kind of thing is part of the 3yr / 36K warranty (you also have a 5yr / 60K powertrain warranty). If you are out of warranty and the dealer that sold you the truck isn't willing to adjust in good will, you can watch some YouTube videos or take it to a good body shop, shouldn't cost much to do the adjustment. Can literally take 10 minutes or so with someone who knows what they are doing.

Reactions: c3k

Adjutant

Reaction score
Hope you were able to adjust it. Its a very easy fix. This is coming from a guy that does NOT have a ton of mechanical skills

Hbag88

Reaction score
Hope you were able to adjust it. Its a very easy fix. This is coming from a guy that does NOT have a ton of mechanical skills
Ended up taking it by a body shop. He told me he could adjust it but that it might throw it off in other areas. It lines up perfect in the front so might not be worth messing with it.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI, the front panels are fenders and the rear panels are quarter panels. The hood does not mate up with the quarter panels. Just for future reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/