5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood ajar warning 2019 ram sport

Treens

Reaction score
We have been in a deep freeze these last few days (-45c) so of coarse been plugging my truck in. Havent had an issue using command start while plugged in. until this evening, I had used the remote to start the truck earlier today to let it run for a bit but when I went to go out this evening and unplugged it and closed the lid my hood ajar warning came on, we tried multiple times to get the warning off (opening a reclosing the hood) and it's still on. So now, my remote start wont work.
Am I missing something or can someone help me out?

Treens

Reaction score
Crickets on here lol. Guess no one has experienced this. Trying to avoid a 4 hr drive to a dealership

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Im betting something in the latching mechanism is frozen up, and does not register it is closed--maybe take a hair dryer and heat that up to see if it goes away

Treens

Reaction score
Im betting something in the latching mechanism is frozen up, and does not register it is closed--maybe take a hair dryer and heat that up to see if it goes away
I actually had it in a heated shop at work today, hood open to let it thaw for about 4 hours, warning is still on.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Lots of guys also pull the battery terminals off for a few to reset everything, been known to remedy lots of weird stuff--worth a last second shot!

troutman34

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue and ended up taking my truck to dealer. They are having a hard time figuring out the cause and suspect it being electrical. Did you have any luck getting this figured out?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue and ended up taking my truck to dealer. They are having a hard time figuring out the cause and suspect it being electrical. Did you have any luck getting this figured out?
Try lubing the hinge and taking a heat gun to it.
They like to freeze up.

troutman34

Reaction score
The problem for me was a bad BCM, good thing was the truck is still under warranty or it would have been an expensive bill.

Users who are viewing this thread