5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink Horrible Range?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works fine as well. I had no idea LED bulbs could interfere with the opener. Doesn't seem to affect mine but I'll swap it for non LED when it's bad. My Homelink works with a single push. The Homelink on my other cars you have to hold the button.

Neokane

Reaction score
I already had the remote programmed to the truck, went and did the learn button, and pressed the HL button a hand full of times. It seemed to start working every time.

As far as range goes, I haven't had any issues. Even with LED's in the garage. (Granted, I am the only house within a half mile)
Another thought too is that the LED's shoudln't be on except when closing the door. so does range seem to be affected only when the lights are on? or off too?

mike12193

Reaction score
I get about 200 feet and my opener has LED bulbs. My wife’s highlander homelink remote on the other hand has to be in directly in front of the door to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've changed to led bulbs when the old incandescent bulbs burned out a couple of years ago. I've not seen any difference in the range. I use the original remotes in my Camaro (50 years old) and my Jeep and I have about the same range with the remotes and homelink.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has a crazy good range, at least 200-300 feet. My garage door openers are also brand new, not sure how much and effect that has....

sealemon

Reaction score
Looks like the LED bulb in the door opener causes interference for my opener. Waited for the lights to turn out and it worked much better. I have (2) 100w equivalent bulbs.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Looks like the LED bulb in the door opener causes interference for my opener. Waited for the lights to turn out and it worked much better. I have (2) 100w equivalent bulbs.
Interesting. I have 100w equivalent LED bulbs in both openers and there doesn't seem to be any interference. Of course different brands, models, age, etc. My range seems to be just fine, too...about the same as all my F150s were anyway. probably 150 feet or so.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use mine when I turn onto my street (3 houses away, big lots). I have cheap LED CHMSL and bed lighting bulbs, but (apparently) they don't hurt the range too much.

Users who are viewing this thread