5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink Garge Door Openers

LGL

Reaction score
I have a 2018 RAM3500 Laramie. Vehicle garage door openers don't communicate with any of the (x4) garage door openers on the house.
Just (Sept 2023) had the Firm Ware upgraded on the truck to correct channel presets on the radio.....so I have the latest version of Uconnect FW.
All garage door openers are the rolling code type....(Overhead Door-Legacy)....with learn mode.
1. Reset vehicle codes (hold #1 & #3) in the truck until reset operation is confirmed on dash
2. Press learn mode on the house door opener.....hold the door opener in the vehicle until confirmation on the dash is displayed.
I never receive a confirmation that the opener has been programed in the truck.
Is there a hidden Firm Ware menu feature that to select opener type that I am unaware of?

Attachments

• 20231207_111444.jpg
    20231207_111444.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231207_111450.jpg
    20231207_111450.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231207_111457.jpg
    20231207_111457.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231207_111605.jpg
    20231207_111605.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 15

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that procedure doesn't match what's in the user manual for a DT truck. It's not clear to me if your garage door opener is different from ours (you have an HD truck, this forum is for 1500 DT trucks). But for what it's worth, if yours operates like ours, here are the steps. I don't see you mentioning anything about holding the original garage door transmitter up to your buttons.

1701979375310.png

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that your garage door opener keeps ALL of the old codes from previous vehicles. I would erase all previous codes from the garage door opener/motor itself and THEN try to program the homelink in your truck again. I encountered this issue years ago and this solved the problem.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that your garage door opener keeps ALL of the old codes from previous vehicles. I would erase all previous codes from the garage door opener/motor itself and THEN try to program the homelink in your truck again. I encountered this issue years ago and this solved the problem.

Anyone buying a new house, this should be the very first thing you do before trying to program any of your own vehicles. You never know how many people had access to the garage from previous owners. Or if it's new construction, the construction guys could have programmed their own vehicles/clickers to get back in.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone buying a new house, this should be the very first thing you do before trying to program any of your own vehicles. You never know how many people had access to the garage from previous owners. Or if it's new construction, the construction guys could have programmed their own vehicles/clickers to get back in.
Absolutely 👍

dstevens

Reaction score

Never would have thought of this. Thanks for the info.

We moved into our house about 3 1/2 years ago, I would have certainly done this. We had to replace the opener last year, so it's not an issue now. Still good to know.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ocwill1

Reaction score
1. Reset vehicle codes (hold #1 & #3) in the truck until reset operation is confirmed on dash
2. hold the door opener in the vehicle and homelink button you are trying to program until confirmation on the dash is displayed.
3. Press learn mode on the house door opener. Within 30 seconds hit the programmed homelink button for a few seconds at least 2 times, may need more, until door starts moving.

LGL

Reaction score
Sweet!.....thanks for the response.....all door openers programmed....thanks again.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet!.....thanks for the response.....all door openers programmed....thanks again.
So for the benefit of future readers, what was the resolution that made it work for you?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you program if you don't have a handheld garage remote?
Most will have a button on the actual garage door opener itself. That's how you use it to program new remotes to it. That's what I used but you have to be close to the garage door opener to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread