5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink Display / Alpha OBD

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
I posted this in the Alpha sticky, but it moves so fast, that stuff gets overlooked quickly.

Does anyone know where/what options are in AlphaOBD for the Homelink system?

Prior to doing any updates on my 12" display, or playing with Alpha, my screen on the dash used to display which button was transmitting when I was pressing it. Just realized somewhere along the way that it no longer displays anything.

I have an intermittent garage door opener issue and it is nice to know the truck is transmitting the signal while I'm holding the button. Would like to get that back if there is a setting somewhere.

Gex2501

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't recall my truck ever showing homelink info on the dash. I've always assumed the homelink transmitter and buttons and everything were built into the visor and it only received power.

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Yeah it use to say something along the lines of "Button 1 Transmitting" or "Button 2 Transmitting" with some sort of background image.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I don't pay attention. I know mine did as well when I first got the truck and was programming the buttons. Don't really watch the EVIC screen anymore when pushing them

Users who are viewing this thread