5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holes in bed

smankins

Reaction score
Does anyone know what all these holes are for? I believe the ones that go along each side of the bed are for the utility rails but can't figure out the others near the tie downs and beside the tailgate. Thanks.
e72f993e3cccf6efc77527cc5772fae5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Mostly drainage points or mounting for rails/box accessories.

If you install a folding cover you can slide a drain hose in there

RJS

Reaction score
The hole with the arrow is used to hold the Ram plastic bedliner in place with a plug and screw as one use.

geotex1

Reaction score
Lol! The holes in the upper oval are for the optional bed cargo rails.

2020ramwv

Reaction score
Is there a kit to cover these holes ? Seems to me like it’s a perfect place to get filled with dirt and grime and eventually lead to rust or corrosion etc

SColang22

Reaction score
Is there a kit to cover these holes ? Seems to me like it’s a perfect place to get filled with dirt and grime and eventually lead to rust or corrosion etc
They open up to the bottom of the truck so nothing should get stuck there

JJMcCool

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone makes tie down cleats that would fit the existing holes. I've seen them specific to other models, I think.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone makes tie down cleats that would fit the existing holes. I've seen them specific to other models, I think.

I saw photos from a 2500 where standard dock cleat holes lined up - I've yet to measure those myself, maybe I'll take a look today

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well hey, looks like someone makes a heavier duty option already

JJMcCool

Reaction score
Well hey, looks like someone makes a heavier duty option already
Those look like a good upgrade. It's funny what you can find once you start looking. These looks useful, as well, for light loads or securing tarps. No drilling required.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I like the Bully Tie Downs - Nice find! . I opted for the Adarac Aluminum Pro Rack which gives me a rail where I can slide tie downs anywhere. I like those bed Tie Down locations, but I might consider a bedside panel/grid system in the future

Cross88

Reaction score
I used the whole next to the tie down at the front of my bed route the electrical and air lines for my airlift wireless one.

Attachments

• 8CDDEB81-4E47-413A-9A70-3114522A4BA7.jpeg
    8CDDEB81-4E47-413A-9A70-3114522A4BA7.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 121

Cross88

Reaction score
Do you like the wireless one?

Yes I do. I only recently installed it and haven’t towed with it yet, but it’s the convenience factor that got me. Super easy to install. There are presets on the bluetooth controller and the app on my phone. When you have one set, it’ll stay at that pressure, if it drops below, the compressor kicks on and bumps it up. My truck is lowered, and I wanted to avoid early failure of the unit so I mounted it at the forward driver side of the bed.

SColang22

Reaction score
Yes I do. I only recently installed it and haven’t towed with it yet, but it’s the convenience factor that got me. Super easy to install. There are presets on the bluetooth controller and the app on my phone. When you have one set, it’ll stay at that pressure, if it drops below, the compressor kicks on and bumps it up. My truck is lowered, and I wanted to avoid early failure of the unit so I mounted it at the forward driver side of the bed.
I’m gonna mount on the frame. Where did you get yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/