5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmmm, another transmission issue for me (replace?)

fireman-175

Reaction score
My 2021 Longhorn custom built 1500 LB Crew eTorque was starting to stink when I climbed my road to my house the past couple weeks. Had an oil change recently, so thought it may be some spilled motor oil from the easy to change motor oil filter location. It is done by my dealer. Last week, i pulled out of my home and it would not shift to the next gear, the service transmission light comes on along with it's friend the check engine light. I pull over immediately, shut her down and restart. Seems to drive okay at that point, but headed to my dealer. Found a code for 1st gear issue. Came back Monday and thought it would be a programming issue for a couple hours. Nope, dealer says it is a Star case now and they are gonna have to maybe replace the transmission. I said are you kidding me (missing one word of course). They have to drain and take pictures this coming week for Stellantis Star person. 15,000 miles

Now, I said are you kidding me because... if you see my posts from a couple years ago my 2020 Ram 1500 transmission died and was replaced with dissimilar issues. I cannot believe I have had two junk transmissions. What luck... I do not tow, drive like a normal 50's year old man who loves his truck. I cannot find much anywhere about this 8-speed tranny having issues.

I will keep you posted if we can get this figured out and what to look for in yours.

fireman-175

Reaction score
update... FCA is replacing the Throttle body. First one was broken and shipped to the dealer. Should be competed soon.

Rondo13

Reaction score
Greetings Fireman 175, What the heck is Stellantis Star person? I have a tranny issue currently on my 2019 Rebel
The other day my 2019 Ram Rebel while driving approximately 45 mph went into a "false neutral". The truck motor of course rev'd at a high rpm but, I was "free wheeling" without tranny engagement. I made it to the shoulder, shut down, restarted, placed the selector in drive and made it home without an incident ( less than one mile). I took the truck to the dealership and they did not see error codes? I left the truck for them to diagnose and test over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread