5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK system lacking , next step.

BigBlueBeast

Reaction score
Update -- So When I brought it to the dealer they pulled 4 or 5 different codes for the radio. The tech did a system reset and he said all of them cleared and that he couldn't find a problem. I can only attribute this to the individual who had the truck before me and had a sub added. Upon getting into the truck after the system reset it is noticeably louder, not like some have said but I noticed a bit of a difference in loudness along with clarity. Def a step in the right direction. Software was the most current also. It is ok and I can live with it at this point but when I compare it to other factory stereos that I have had in cars (2020 KIA Stinger GT2, 2013 Lexus GS350) it falls short of the mark especially since it is pushing 900 watts and has a sub. I will definitely be upgrading the door speakers with the recommendations of individuals on this site. then I will go from there. I may address the sloppy bass next with some foam around the stock speaker if I get a wild hair to rip the back seat out.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
i had to turn down the bass in my system h/k. someone comes on the radio with a deep voice it rattles the truck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread