5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK system Bass

djwdjw

Reaction score
The bass & sub on mine is ridiculously over emphasized and I have it cut in the eq and the fader pushed for front bias.

To me this system sounds like a teenager with the annoying stoplight boom rice box must have approved it.

I am hopeful but I would be shocked, shocked to see an update from FCA/Uconnect to expand the equalizer or manage the bass problem.

Last edited:

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I think you're right. I'm sure it comes down to cost. If you even look at the speakers used in door 6x9, they're really low end paper cones. It would have cost and extra$75 to put 4 good ones in. A contract but with Harman (samsung) would be even less.

I don't know how these are tested. I'd like to think they have a solid audio engineer or enthusiast come in and say "yeah that's pretty good... Or that's horrendous". But like you said, they probably have a small budget for audio because not many buyers are going to make that the deciding reason to buy or not. Those that really want high end will buy after market the way they want. I get it from a business standpoint.

That said #ramcares please provide feedback to the project managers that a little more user adjustability via EQ would really set your the HK system apart! People like to customize.... You can even market it that way. This is customization just like the themes. It's really nice for the end user.
I do remember Ram's marketing on this system. I'm paraphrasing, but they stated how they got musicians to listen and tweak the HK system. They must not have had very high standards! ;)

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not bad except for that awful over eq'd bass. I don't think the musicians listened to the update... Maybe the original system.

Savagescott

Reaction score
It's not bad except for that awful over eq'd bass. I don't think the musicians listened to the update... Maybe the original system.

At the risk of piling on... when I first test drove the Limited back in September, before the update, I loved the HK system. It wasn’t loud, but it was loud enough for most of my listening.

Took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago and I’m disappointed. I had high hopes for the update but like everyone else here, I find the bass overpowering- and this is coming from a former bass player..

I generally like a little extra bass in my music but even with the eq turned all the way down it’s still too much with some music. I pray the rumors of another update are true.

Is there a “formal” way to get this info to FCA, rather than just hope someone is monitoring?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Playing with the 3 band set of tone controls (I hate to call it an equalizer, after all it's only bass, mid and treble), I have noticed that there is not very much gain or attenuation to each slider.

chopped54

Reaction score
I have the HK system in my Challenger and I can honestly say the Ram HK is a disappointment.....

Users who are viewing this thread