5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hit curb around 10MPH straight on. Need advice.

BTB123

Reaction score
I was in Wheatland Wy over the weekend. Weather got nasty. I was looking out my hotel window watching hail drop. Some were getting big. Bolted out, fired up the Ram and hauled under hotel overhang.
There was a curb that I couldn’t see through my fogged windshield and I hit it with my left front tire. Truck rides fine. I feel no pull, no vibration and see no damage.
Should I be concerned with anything in particular? I thought about getting alignment but it’s driving fine.
Any advice or input is appreciated.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was in Wheatland Wy over the weekend. Weather got nasty. I was looking out my hotel window watching hail drop. Some were getting big. Bolted out, fired up the Ram and hauled under hotel overhang.
There was a curb that I couldn’t see through my fogged windshield and I hit it with my left front tire. Truck rides fine. I feel no pull, no vibration and see no damage.
Should I be concerned with anything in particular? I thought about getting alignment but it’s driving fine.
Unless the tire/rim is damaged and it drives fine, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve done that about 59 times in the 10 ft wide Taco Bell drive thru.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems fine, though if you are worried, get a front alignment, since it maybe due anyways and just to be sure, they can double check the suspension while they are at it.

BowDown

Reaction score

What truck/wheels and tires?

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Heck, they put in some curb with concrete median in the road exiting the Tractor Supply I go to so you "can't make a left". I just treat it like a speed bump. I am sure I have gone over it at more than 10 mph.

You're fine.

BowDown

Reaction score
22's would be bent.
I bent one of mine on a pothole.
And broke the tire.
I ran over a freight speed binder. My tire developed a bubble in the impact spot. Luckily they were being warrantied for not meeting the mileage warranty

Dewey

Reaction score
I’ve been running speed bumps at 30 mph for years with no issues. Going into the parking lot at work I hit 5 of them in and out each day. Small curbs aren’t too much different especially at 10 mph. It’s a truck and it can take it unless you have very low profile tires and the curb was extremely high.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I wish it wasn't so expensive to get rid of the 22's for a set of 18's. Hell I'd even be happier with 20's at this point. Lesson learned for future purchases.
Look for a set of new take off wheels. I bought a set of basic 18" bighorn wheels for $300 on ebay. I put some ebay sensors and some cheap A/T tires on them for my New England winter months. I think I'm at $800. total for everything

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If me, atv10 mph I would get the alignment checked (some tire places do checks free). If you are under 1 year or 12k miles alignments are covered under warranty, just say you feel it is a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread