5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hit bump on highway, CarPlay stoped

Zander9022

Reaction score
The other night I was diving and hit a large bump poorly marked on a highway bridge. I was using carlinkit 3.0 via usb 1 to have my CarPlay be wireless but after hitting the bump it fully disconnected. Now my truck won’t register anything in the usb slots besides powering them. Tried resetting the radio (holding volume and tuning for 20 seconds), rest my phone multiple times and have tried other cables and another phone even all the other ports. Nothing is seeming to be connecting or registering that something connected via usb.

Gnix

Reaction score
I had my CarPlay disconnected 4 days after picking up the new truck. It didn’t show CarPlay was an option for my iphone but my wife’s phone was okay. I searched all over Google and YouTube and the answer was simply reset radio in your car. Then forget Bluetooth on your phone and reconnect. You might have to do it 3-4 times tho.

Zander9022

Reaction score
The 2020 only have uconnect 4 which supports wired car play, but that’s not even working, I’ve removed my phone and the truck from my CarPlay and Bluetooth stuff. Nothings connecting, I’ve even tried another phone with the wired connection but still nothing works, it won’t even reheated a phone is plugged into the usb. I fear it may have loosened a plug behind the head unit

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The 2020 only have uconnect 4 which supports wired car play, but that’s not even working, I’ve removed my phone and the truck from my CarPlay and Bluetooth stuff. Nothings connecting, I’ve even tried another phone with the wired connection but still nothing works, it won’t even reheated a phone is plugged into the usb. I fear it may have loosened a plug behind the head unit
Sounds like something is loose or maybe check the fuses. Post some details about your truck. You can make a signature so everyone knows what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread