5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest lift with stock offset/wheels

CJR28

Reaction score
Wondering what the highest lift possible without changing wheels or adding spacers and not looking like your riding on stilts. I currently have Bilsteins on setting 4 with 275/65R20s. Ill be getting ORP springs installed by my dealer this week and am thinking about going a little bit higher. Any ideas?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Wondering what the highest lift possible without changing wheels or adding spacers and not looking like your riding on stilts. I currently have Bilsteins on setting 4 with 275/65R20s. Ill be getting ORP springs installed by my dealer this week and am thinking about going a little bit higher. Any ideas?
Sorry I'm not 100% sure..but someone did make a thread a couple weeks ago on here with pictures of their truck with a 6" lift on their 22" factory limited wheels!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Krootz

Reaction score
I would stick to 2.5” max. Any more and then your outside the factory geometry angles. Then your chasing the dragon with UCAs, additional puck spacers, custom length springs, etc.

The common answer to go bigger is the ~6” lift kits with the sub frame mount and all that jazz. Problem is you end up cutting and/or welding crap and then it goes one of two ways: it rides ok or it sucks to take anywhere because it rides like doodoo. Roll of the dice

This is just my opinion, but I’ve definitely played in that sand box. I plan on adding 5100s to mine but I hesitate to go deeper into the rabbit hole.

I like your setup @CJR28 with those duratracs. Honestly, I couldn’t get my Tacoma stuck after I got mine. I got it in and out of some sketchy backwoods mud holes with only a 2” lift.

Attachments

• BC67F49A-48DA-4D68-9A80-C90DE2F91ECC.jpeg
    BC67F49A-48DA-4D68-9A80-C90DE2F91ECC.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 23

CJR28

Reaction score
I would stick to 2.5” max. Any more and then your outside the factory geometry angles. Then your chasing the dragon with UCAs, additional puck spacers, custom length springs, etc.

The common answer to go bigger is the ~6” lift kits with the sub frame mount and all that jazz. Problem is you end up cutting and/or welding crap and then it goes one of two ways: it rides ok or it sucks to take anywhere because it rides like doodoo. Roll of the dice

This is just my opinion, but I’ve definitely played in that sand box. I plan on adding 5100s to mine but I hesitate to go deeper into the rabbit hole.

I like your setup @CJR28 with those duratracs. Honestly, I couldn’t get my Tacoma stuck after I got mine. I got it in and out of some sketchy backwoods mud holes with only a 2” lift.
So far I’m very happy with the Duratracs, they look great and havent let me down off road. I think Im just going to add the 6112’s for now and maybe a decent pair of UCA’s and be done. Maybe I’ll upgrade to King shocks in the future but so far the 5100/5160 combo drives great and Im sure the 6112’s will be even better

Krootz

Reaction score
So far I’m very happy with the Duratracs, they look great and havent let me down off road. I think Im just going to add the 6112’s for now and maybe a decent pair of UCA’s and be done. Maybe I’ll upgrade to King shocks in the future but so far the 5100/5160 combo drives great and Im sure the 6112’s will be even better
I’ve heard that the 6112s are better than the 5100s and I loved how much better THEY were from stock. I can only imagine how great they would ride over the factory “Hitachi” OR shocks.

I loved my duratracs, but didn’t like the hum until they proved how capable they were. After that the hum was kinda comforting. Miss em

Users who are viewing this thread