5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High tone/buzzing

Lstucken

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 and one vehicle is shut off after every single drive of at least 10-15 minutes, there is a high pitch tone/humm/buzz coming from underneath the vehicle dead center of vehicle right behind front wheels. It will last up to 4 or 5 hours after every time it is driven. It is very noticeable in a quiet garage but dealer says they can't hear it. I have had it to two different dealerships and I tell them it needs to be in a quiet place but no luck.

netshadoe

Reaction score
Sounds like the evap system on the truck's fuel system doing it's job to me, but I'm not sure how long it should run. Technically, it should run as it needs to since its job is to capture fuel evaporation and return it to the fuel tank.
My truck, and both my Hondas do it too, but I've never noticed how long it lasts either. And yes, it's a very quiet system, so hard to hear over normal everyday noise.
As long as it starts in the morning and doesn't kill my battery, I don't care. :)

Lstucken

Reaction score
Sounds like the evap system on the truck's fuel system doing it's job to me, but I'm not sure how long it should run. Technically, it should run as it needs to since its job is to capture fuel evaporation and return it to the fuel tank.
My truck, and both my Hondas do it too, but I've never noticed how long it lasts either. And yes, it's a very quiet system, so hard to hear over normal everyday noise.
As long as it starts in the morning and doesn't kill my battery, I don't care. :)
Thanks for the info. I will just keep monitoring it, and like you said, as long as it starts and runs, it is all good.

Users who are viewing this thread