5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High-pitched squealing noise at highway speeds

Unamused-emt

Reaction score
Need some help identifying this problem, hoping maybe it's been heard of before.

I have a 2021 1500, so far its been 12k miles of no issues. I left from work this morning and now all of a sudden I have a high-pitched squealing noise coming from somewhere and I can't locate it. It seems to be speed related, usually about 62+mph it will start and then get more high pitched and "squealy" the faster I go.
I'm not sure how to really describe it but it's a very high-pitched whine, almost like air trying to squeeze through a really tight space? Or like a high-pitched electrical whine you might hear from a speaker not playing anything.

Nothing has changed, I don't even have any mods on the truck. I thought maybe a leaky windshield but would air start slipping past it randomly? It's been fine the last 12k miles....

Users who are viewing this thread