5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High pitched noise when interior lights are on

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

It has been making a high pitched noise from somewhere near the back seats anytime the cabin lights or the ambient lights are turned on. I simply have to keep all the interior lights off all the time to prevent this. Fortunately, it is not an issue with the lighting on the dash or the main 12" screen.

This has been an issue since I bought it new in 2019 and new one at the dealership has had any clue what to do.

Anyone else experience this issue and have an easy solution or just any solution?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Somewhere near the back seats" is a relatively large area. Can you narrow it down by listening, moving around, cupping your ear, etc.?
Coming from speakers? Something else?

Do you have LED illumination? A lot of LED "bulbs" contain a switch-mode electronic voltage converter, some better than others, which can make both acoustic and electrical noise.

Installed any aftermarket accessories that connect to the illumination circuit, or that might be affected by light?

Just guesses...

Reaction score
After 3 years, the 5th dealership I tried finally figured out the issue causing my noise - a pinched jumper wire harness inside the rear driver's side door.

There you go, in case this happens to anyone here.

Users who are viewing this thread