5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Piched Whine

Gordon B

Reaction score
I am getting a constant high pitched whine from behind the rear drivers side wheel arch, below the bed.
The sound is a single note that does not vary not very loud can't hear 20 feet away. The truck has been sitting turn off for several hours and the noise is still there.
I gave it a short test run noise was there all the time
2019 Laramie 1500. 1200 miles less than a month old.
I imported the truck to Scotland so I do not have access to a dealership.
Can anyone help? Please.
Gordon

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Almost sounds like the fuel pump. In other vehicles of mine, they've always made a slight whining noise. Haven't noticed it on the RAM.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time to ship it back to the dealer... :oops:

In all seriousness, you can try pulling the negative battery cable on your truck to at the very least, verify that the noise is in fact coming from the truck. If it stops when the cable is pulled, then you can connect it again and start pulling fuses or relays one at a time until you determine which circuit the noise is coming from. If you suspect it's the fuel pump, pulling the ignition fuse, fuel pump relay, or fuel pump motor fuse would definitely help narrow it down for you.

Page 450 of the owners manual is where the fuse / relay diagram begins.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have air suspension, could be something leaking, causing the noise much like letting the air out of a balloon? If you do have air suspension, the tanks, compressor, rear air bags and all kind of fittings are back there and are sources for leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread