5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High mileage synthetic oi

mtjag

Reaction score
I mistakenly bought "high mileage" full synthetic oil instead of just the full synthetic oil. My 2019 5.7 has about 52,600 miles on it. Just wondering if I should return/exchange for the regular full synthetic oil or just use the "high mileage" oil? I still have 41% oil life on the last change, but I change it frequently, because I tow a travel trailer.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought "high mileage" full synthetic oil instead of just the full synthetic oil. My 2019 5.7 has about 52,600 miles on it. Just wondering if I should return/exchange for the regular full synthetic oil or just use the "high mileage" oil? I still have 41% oil life on the last change, but I change it frequently, because I tow a travel trailer.
You can return it, but it is fine. The only difference is that it has some additives for higher mileage engines. It won't hurt your engine though.

Users who are viewing this thread