5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Idle P0507

horish

Reaction score
Hey. I've been having a recurring issue with a P0507 code, higher than normal idle. It doesn't cause any drivability issues, but it does trigger a permanent check engine light and may be causing a problem with the start/stop system becoming unavailable under certain idle conditions.

I've brought it in once before, and the technician said he tightened a clamp, but that did not fix the issue. I'm bringing it in to a different service department on Friday and before I do, I wanted to see if anyone here has encountered this code and what the resolution was.

2020 Laramie 1500, V8 E-Torque

Thanks for the infos!

Last edited:

horish

Reaction score
Just in case anybody cares now or in the future. Star case S2008000159 is supposed to address this issue. The vacuum hose at the rear of the throttle body was installed incorrectly, causing a failure to maintain vacuum which caused the high idle. The high idle was out of spec for the auto start/stop system which, in turn, threw the service auto start/stop system message every time the truck was idling at 0 speed for more than 30 seconds.

Literally the only problem I've had with this truck since I got it in July. Glad it's fixed. I can love the thing even more now.

NYProf

Reaction score
Not sure if this is related but today, 2 days after purchasing my truck, it started reving between 4,000/4,500 in 2 wd at 30 mph as if it was stuck in 4 wd drive low.
Pulled over to the side of the road, turned the truck off, restarted It and it ran normally as it should.
Scheduled a service appointment to have it checked out.

Tarheel63

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited with about 22k. Having issue with high revving engine upon start up and won't idle properly even after turning off the engine and starting again and depresssing the accelerator pedal several times. Anyone else experience this problem and a successful diagnosis of the issue? First time on this forum and first time RAM owner.

horish

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited with about 22k. Having issue with high revving engine upon start up and won't idle properly even after turning off the engine and starting again and depresssing the accelerator pedal several times. Anyone else experience this problem and a successful diagnosis of the issue? First time on this forum and first time RAM owner.
I had similar symptoms with the poor vacuum hose connection on the throttle body. Idled high at startup and generally couldn't maintain a steady idle when stationary. Seemed to fluctuate plus or minus 150 revs.

Users who are viewing this thread