5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High(er) Performance AC/Heater blower?

SeanLee

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the stock fan-blower for something a little more high performance? Is it possible? The highest setting for the fan seems very weak IMO. Curious if it's possible to replace the blower with something that has a little more power? (I saw another thread about AC, but nobody asked this question specifically).

Thanks much,

-Sean
2019 RAM Laramie

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep in mind, higher airspeeds translate to higher discharge temps when you have a call for AC, and vice versa when you have a call for heat.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm willing to accept that compromise :)
The biggest battle is recognition that it is a compromise.

Depending where you live, if you increase airflow, you may not get as much dehumidification. That would be a huge no-go in my AO.

SeanLee

Reaction score
The biggest battle is recognition that it is a compromise.

Depending where you live, if you increase airflow, you may not get as much dehumidification. That would be a huge no-go in my AO.
I do appreciate the warning - but I’m really just looking for options to address the fan at this point. Again, I’m willing to throw caution to the wind here and dabble in uncharted waters.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As Scap said the faster the air blows through the coil the less efficiency your HVAC system will have at cooling the air and will actually take longer to cool down after a certain point.

I must have gotten lucky with my 2020 BTS. The A/C has always been flawless and I only ever use the auto setting. I turn it down to 68 during hot summer months and up to 72 in winter. And it's always comfortable in the truck. I don't care about it "freezing" me out. Although, I'm sure if I cranked it to max And turned it to recirculation it would.

SeanLee

Reaction score
Well I assume nobody's attempted this before, since all I received here was a warning about modifying the blower. I'll start hacking it myself, and I'll share what I did if there's any success.

hemigas

Reaction score
Pls keep me updated. My '05 Ram blew weak too. Maybe a design flaw? The Ford's blow harder with no cooling loss. Thanks. It gets HOT down here in Louisiana

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
Keep in mind, higher airspeeds translate to higher discharge temps when you have a call for AC, and vice versa when you have a call for heat.
True, but you can always slow the fan down some and bring it back to where it is performing now. Sometimes turning the air over faster and getting the heat out is better than ice cold immediately.

OP keep us updated

Users who are viewing this thread