5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HIGH BEAMS activation with LED PODS

Fromero21

Reaction score
Hello all,

So i am trying to figure out a way to connect a few LED PODS to my truck on a 3-way switch to where i can activate my PODS independently when in position 1, (position 2 is OFF) and when in position 3 have them activate only when my high beams are activated (deactivate automatically after i disengaged the highbeams) .
I have installed a relay that is capable of functioning as intended. Currently my switch is connected to where i can activate my PODS independently on my number 1 switch and OFF on number 2. Number 3 has no power. My only issue is that based on what i have read and YouTubed, usually you would draw power from the High Beam fuse. I can not find a separate fuse for my high beams to achieve this goal. I have researched my fuse box diagrams both in the engine bay and interior an i can not located a way to have my PODS activate while on the #3 position of my switch with the high beams. If any one can help i would apricate it a lot. My truck is a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5'7 Box 4x4.

wayne47

Reaction score
I've done this. You can just splice into the high beam wire if you use a relay. You want to watch this video because to do what we want you install the relay in an unconventional configuration. But it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread