5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High beam fog/driving lights off options

cw_mi

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the driving lights on when the high beams are on ? Having horrible night vision there is just never enough light when I'm traveling to our rural cabin, and I don't really want to add a light bar.

On the old 3rd Gen Rams there was something called a Bright Box available which would enable the driving lights to stay on.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Is there a physical relay that controls the driving lights? On my old '98, I found the relay, pulled it, and replaced it with a simple jumper wire...lights worked with low & high beams all the time.

smonska

Reaction score
Let me wake up this old thread. Has anyone had their dealer succeed in coding the fogs on with high beams via StarScan? "Disabling fog light dropout"?

Any success with AlfaOBD?

The Tazer looks nice but $329 is too much for me to do this one thing.

Last edited:

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Let me wake up this old thread. Has anyone had their dealer succeed in coding the fogs on with high beams via StarScan? "Disabling fog light dropout"?

Any success with AlfaOBD?

The Tazer looks nice but $329 is too much for me to do this one thing.

I cna't answer your question but I did mine when I installed the Tazer DT. did this plus a few other things (like keep DLRs on with blinker) Yep, for the little it's pricey for such few things but those few things, to me, are annoying. :p

brawler1588

Reaction score
It's a pain in the a$$ but if you hold the flash to pass momentary high beam the fogs stay on. Other than that a light bar or after market fogs would be the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FM45

Reaction score
@ALL----- Alfa will work......... it's a great piece of software. The Dev is adding features all the time, tho is doesn't officially support our DT models. You still need the security bypass to make changes but for around 100 for the two, you have the power to change and add things that the dealer would be happy to bend you over....

Vinvisim

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the driving lights on when the high beams are on ? Having horrible night vision there is just never enough light when I'm traveling to our rural cabin, and I don't really want to add a light bar.

On the old 3rd Gen Rams there was something called a Bright Box available which would enable the driving lights to stay on.
This is what I figured out because I didn’t feel like getting on one of these boxes I went and found the wire that gets Hot when you The stock multi selection switch to turn your brights on momentarily you cut that wire and install a 5 pin relay What this is going to do is it’s going to essentially take your momentary switch and additionally put it onto a physical switch that isnt spring loaded post 87 a should go to the wire coming from your momentary switch 87 should go to the other side of the same stock wire we snipped heading towards headlights 85 gets ground 86 get switched power so coming from your switch in 30 go to the battery shooting this off the top my head they can check when I get home in 20 minutes that this is the correct wire up So just to sum up this does what you’re saying you want it’s all lights on low beam highbeam fog light it’s just like the switch your installing works as a “lever holder “ for the stock multifunction switch

Users who are viewing this thread