5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Battery Voltage

sooner1_us

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Ive found a few threads on here, but here my issue goes. At first a random battery warning would come on and it'd be above 15 and Id check voltage and it bounces around usually 14.2-14.7 ....Usually the light comes on when it gets above 15. However the other day I was monitoring after light came on and it jumped to above 16 and my powersteering went out for about 5 seconds. It has done that twice since, and also kicked off AC once too. I have read a few threads, checked the nuts on the fuse box, all tight. Checked the grounds on the fender they were good too. Battery usually has been showing 10v when on acc, however when I put on load tester today showed good 12 plus and held load well as well. Started truck and did load test with charging system and it checked out good as well. Anyways any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread