5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden winch mount 2019 Rebel

Lizard

Reaction score
Hey. I built a hidden winch mount for my Rebel . Machine shop charge to cut metal and make a few welds was $300.00. I will be removing mount soon so I can make detailed drawing . Mount consist of three parts. Base plate is 16 x 14 inches. which bolts to cross member. This plate has piece of angle iron welded to end which two bolts go thru cross member. Next part is a piece of 6 inch channel which bolts to frame from side to side. The base plate is bolted and welded to 42 inch channel. Next part is about 12 inches by 10 inches, like a box with angled ends. This bolts to base plate and other end fits perfectly in 12 inch long hole you cut in lower mesh strip in bumper. Looks just like winch hause on the power wagons. I had to drill only two holes in the truck frame and also had to remove middle part of light frame behind bumper which does nothing but support a section of wiring harness. I will share
drawing and detailed instructions with anyone interested for a small fee. All parts have large holes cut with plasma cutter to reduce weight. I have an X Bull 13500 lb. winch on this 2019 Ram. Mount will probably work with most winch brands. Used winch once so far to pull farm tractor which was in a large ditch on its side back up unto the roadway.

Users who are viewing this thread