5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden price

Truckin

Reaction score
https://www.hdrams.com/2019/01/11/dealer-info-sheds-light-on-ram-heavy-duty-lineup/

If I read this article right, the price will not be available for example on their online configurator only through dealerships with codes? So price is hidden..... Don’t seem right....

It may just be that the online configurator may be a little delayed...When I modified my order 12/31/2018 (added recently available body color bumper group for Longhorn) the online configurator and the dealer order sheet were exactly the same-$64,200. Today when I was in for an oil change on my 16' I wandered up to the sales floor and my sales rep printed me a new order sheet showing VON and VIN numbers (both reflect the 12/31 order date) I noticed the order of the options were scrambled (but all there) however the price now shows $64,545...Base price increased $145 and the 5.7 Hemi (non-eTorque) increased by $200. As of this evening the online configurator still shows the $64,200 MSRP. Not a big deal but annoying non the less.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.hdrams.com/2019/01/11/dealer-info-sheds-light-on-ram-heavy-duty-lineup/

If I read this article right, the price will not be available for example on their online configurator only through dealerships with codes? So price is hidden..... Don’t seem right....
I imagine they’ll delay the online pricing, as @Truckin said, because option pricing won’t be finalized when it goes live. This was/is a problem with the 1500 configurator...prices changed by the minute in the early days, and the website was/is often displaying obsolete data.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And for anyone ordering a 2019 Ram HD...DO NOT ACCEPT THE BUILD AND PRICE AS GOSPEL.

Check the feature guide and use some thought about how they screwed up the 1500.

And remember the payload and towing will not be for a specific truck just an overall estimate.

And pay close attention to the price of stuff when you order...it will change.

Be sure to be prepared to hold your dealer on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread