5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden accessories??

Javerso

Reaction score
Here’s an example. Wife had a pathfinder, dealer wanted to charge $495 for remote start. We said forget it. She worked for Infiniti. Guy in service said just the buy fob with the remote start button for $125. And Lo and behold, the remote start worked. Any hidden things already preinstalled in the 2019 ram where you would just have to add a button or ditch and it will work?? Thoughts??

Rick8325

Reaction score
I have a rain sensor for the rain sensing wipers behind my rearview mirror but don't have that option. Still unsure what is needed but I don't really use that feature in my wife's car so I doubt I'd look into it.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a rain sensor for the rain sensing wipers behind my rearview mirror but don't have that option. Still unsure what is needed but I don't really use that feature in my wife's car so I doubt I'd look into it.
Me too.....why would we have the sensor without the option?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Me too.....why would we have the sensor without the option?

Because it is easier in manufacturing and inventory to produce one assembly versus two. The sensors are cheap and just because it is there does not mean it can be activated. Several manufacturers do this as it actually saves money in the long run.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Because it is easier in manufacturing and inventory to produce one assembly versus two. The sensors are cheap and just because it is there does not mean it can be activated. Several manufacturers do this as it actually saves money in the long run.
^^^ This ^^^

gpbst3

Reaction score

Makes sense in one aspect but non in another. Why did they make 2 different back seat brackets. One with the under seat storage and one without.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Makes sense in one aspect but non in another. Why did they make 2 different back seat brackets. One with the under seat storage and one without.
That’s an easy one. So you spend more for a higher trim. :rolleyes:

Carlmyman

Reaction score
If you don't have the soft opening tailgate there is an easy fix. Just buy the Ram piston, remove the left tail light & insert the piston. The mounting balls are already there to just pop the piston in. Voila, an easy open tailgate with the factory look (no external mounts as in the aftermarket products).

GaryT

Reaction score
I found it odd that my multifunction stalk had to refer to the wipers as "Front Wiper". I am guessing that the Ram shares the control with the Durango and mini vans that have a separate rear wiper control.

Users who are viewing this thread