5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi pitch peep from the rear speakers

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone experienced a high pitch constant peep tone from those rear speakers above the passenger row? Its constant and starts the moment ignition is on weather music is playing or not...

Cheers

Chris

glennf14

Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone experienced a high pitch constant peep tone from those rear speakers above the passenger row? Its constant and starts the moment ignition is on weather music is playing or not...

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris, I just noticed this today while I was idling. Is it still happening to you?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Yes still there I tied it to the interior lighting it’s gone when you turn the ambient lighting all the way down. You then can still hear it when you open the door and the interior lights go on... goes off when door shut. Play around a little with that and you figure out how to influence it. I had it in with the dealer for a week couple of weeks ago when I was on a business trip the did **** about it, opened a star case with Chrysler gave me the number and told me it’s on them. The dealer tried to argue it would only be present when the door is open anyways and wouldn’t be big of a deal although I showed them how to reproduce it with doors shut when I dropped it off. When I called Chrysler a week ago they said they just closed the case as the dealer said it wouldn’t be an issue anymore... so I have to get another case opened for this I have to go in to a dealer to get a updated diagnosis done but I’m just driving the truck from Houston to San Francisco because we are moving so will get that done as soon as we are over there...

Call customer care +18443780575 they were pretty helpful and very nice also told me if it has to go back in they will cover a rental.

Pm me and we can exchange case numbers might be good to emphasize it’s not just a minor thing.

Cheers

Christian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeRam

Reaction score
Well if mine is/was/will be making the high pitch you talk about, FICA will get one over on me. All the years of loud machinery, rock & roll, high revving motorcycles and such, those pitches are gone sadly. The only good part of that is, with that the tone range of a typical women is first to be lost in some men’s hearing loss

Users who are viewing this thread