5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Guys 2020 Ram Longhorn + Air Suspension

Joey Longhorn 2020

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the towing procedure. The Manuel says to do something with the air ride before hooking up? Can anyone simplify the procedure please?

buffalobill

Reaction score
It can be tricky to set up . In settings turn on tire jack mode ,keep in mind there will be no sag once the air ride kicks back in . I think stock tires are terrible for towing . I'm putting 10 ply on this week hopefully to get rid of the squirm . I do pull a 32' trailer and the the truck pulls it very well .

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's my take on air suspension & towing - much of it has to do with weight on the tongue & driving conditions.

When I'm towing my Ski Boat (~350# tongue) 20 minutes over to the lake on city streets, I'm not going through the jack-mode hassle. However, if loading up a heavier trailer and especially when using a weight distributing hitch, then the procedure is something that shoudl be done.

1. If you want to do this without calculations, on level ground with the trailer un-hitched and at the height desired (aero or normal), set the jack-mode on.
  2. Measure the height of the front wheel arch off the ground ( let's say 36.5")
  3. Hitch your trailer and let it squat.
  4. Install the WDH and adjust the tension so that the front wheel arch returns to near normal height (a little higher than 36.5" is fine, the manual gets to roughly within 1/4")
  5. Turn off Jack Mode
  6. Enjoy the drive
1598548208181.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online