5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Sweden

Gillinger

Reaction score
Hi

After driving multiple SRT vehicles for some years I came up with the great idea to sell everything and buy myself a Mopar B Body. I searched for months and finally found the one I was looking for sitting in Florida. Flew over and bought it from a great guy and shipped it to Sweden. It's a 1969 440 Roadrunner which probably is the car I enjoy to drive the most of all cars I ever have owned.

Fast forward some years and I realise how much I love car shows but how much I *HATE* driving the Roadrunner there. 4.17 gear ratio with a 50 year old 440 without cooling is... tiring to say the least. I'm waring ear protection while sweating profusely doing 5000 rpm going 60 mph down the freeway.

That's when I realised I need a truck that can haul. More than the embarrassing 1800 lbs my Volkswagen Tiguan can haul. So I started to work with the wife. She finally gave me a thumbs up if I sell the Tiguan and here I am. You need 50 posts and 5 days of membership before posting so I'll make the introductions and start reading away.

Dream car is a Laramie or Platinum crew cab with the 6'4 bed - but other trim levels will work as well. Preferable not white but everything can be fixed with vinyl. Lifted are fine since I'm going to do that anyway. Milage preferable below 50K and I *REALLY* want a fifth gen.

That's me! If you want to sell your truck or just wanna chat about old Mopars I'm right here!

Attachments

• Skärmklipp 2020-07-18 00.03.38.png
    Skärmklipp 2020-07-18 00.03.38.png
    887.5 KB · Views: 31

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice Roadrunner. In 1970, I purchased a new Challenger 340 with factory air conditioning. It was my first vehicle with A/C. B5 blue (bright blue metallic, my favorite color), black vinyl roof, bright blue metallic interior. Absolutely a great car. Loved the performance hood and quad chrome exhaust tips. Enough power for me and a fantastic rumble to the exhaust, I could hear my wife coming home from blocks away (allowing plenty of time for the mistress to leave!) :D I kept it 11 years. Forty eight years and counting with the wife.

Last edited:

shurik74

Reaction score
@Gillinger Hi from California! Go with Limited for sure...

I'm afraid to ask how much registration and annual fees in Sweden for such a big vehicle...

Gillinger

Reaction score
Can't afford a limited given the import taxes. It will cost around $150K ready to go in Sweden...

We ship them through Germany where they are "E85 converted" which basically is a tune which you will never use. With this great paperwork the truck is now classified as a green car and the yearly tax is lowered from $3500 to $240....

COOTERram

Reaction score
I just sold my VW Tiguan (loved that car)to get my 2020 Lone star 1500 with a Rambox bed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online