5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from a Chevy Guy

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome.

Curious what’s making you switch? Is the Hurricane appealing to you? Better interior or styling?

I was a life long Chevy guy till about 10 years ago when I became a huge fan of the Hemi but that’s gone now. Not sure what I’m gonna do for my next truck. Interested to hear from the other perspective.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Im a long time Ram owner and I jumped ship for a 2021 F150 went back to Ram and with all the issues Im having ready to jump back to a FORD

Reaction score
Welcome.

Curious what’s making you switch? Is the Hurricane appealing to you? Better interior or styling?

I was a life long Chevy guy till about 10 years ago when I became a huge fan of the Hemi but that’s gone now. Not sure what I’m gonna do for my next truck. Interested to hear from the other perspective.
Ive got a 2022 Silverado, the "refresh" interior. It actually sucks to make the switch. I thought this was going to be my truck for the next 10 years, as it came with a lot of the things I wanted.

Aluminum bed: should help with the midwest winters/salt, etc. Hate seeing older rusted out trucks with the rear wheel wheels full of cancer.
New interior design looks great. I get compliments on it constantly. It looks like a luxury vehicle inside.

2.7 "Turbomax" engine is decent enough. Its quick. I have yet to this day get the fuel economy anymore claims these are capable of. 16-17 mpg is my average.

8 speed transmission in these is horrible. Its been to the dealership 4 times this year alone for warranty transmission work. Its worse now. Its whats making me want to get away the most.

New "electronic only" tailgate latch was horrible as a design. Mine got water inside, and would start opening randomly on its own.

Larger bed width is nice since they were able to "hollow it out" in the new design. Crewcab space inside is huge for this generation. Reasonably bigger than the original current gen (2020 approx).

Exhaust note on the 2.7 sucks. It was so quiet when I got it, I had an aftermarket muffler put on because I couldnt hear it when I remote started it.

New infotainment system (android based) is horrible. 3-4 software updates have bricked it entirely where I lost all sound. One of the software updates fried a headlight somehow too...
LT Trim, which is closer to the Big Horn on the ram, came with a **** ton more options honestly. Lane assist, active cruise control, assisted braking, etc all standard on it. Also came with the giant 13.4" screen. Factory speakers were horrible. Worst audio system Ive ever had in any modern vehicle Ive owned.

Users who are viewing this thread