5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from 2019 RAM2500 Diesel Limited- love it & hate it

rutherforddon

Reaction score
Help please, I love my truck but have had a lot of electrical problems. The current problem is 1 or 2 times a week the truck is dead in the morning. This has been to to dealer 4-6 times. Some nights I look out my house window and see dash lights in my truck. I go out and find the large screen illuminated and the dash screen displays "Press Brake and Push Button to Start" I can go out and try every combination of starting truck, going for a ride, pushing buttons, it does not matter. That display will stay on all night and truck will be dead in the morning. Of course, take it in for service and they cannot duplicate. Five months ago when it was in last, the dealer replaced the HVAC Control module. That fixed the problem for 4 months. Has anybody seen this problem.

N7GZN

Reaction score
Do you have the Mopar powered side steps? There is a sequence of events that prevents the truck from going to sleep.
Deploy steps manually from uconnect, then have the passenger exit. I have verified this in my Ram, so I make sure if I have a passenger, they exit before deploying the side steps. Look up dead battery on this website.
Welcome to the forum.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You may have better luckmon the HDRams forum. This one is geared towards the 1500s. And there is enough difference in the electrical and programming that answers here may not help you

Users who are viewing this thread