5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hesitant start

savage_sultin

Reaction score
Hey folks, went to start my truck this evening and for the first time it took a little bit for it to actually start. The starter will engage and turn over but it took a bit for it to start, truck has 75,000 km on it. its only -4c so temp shouldn't be it, was thinking possibly the fuel pump. it seems to do it if the truck sits for a bit, started the truck it took a while to start drove about 1km shut the truck off at my place. Waited about an hour went out tried to start it again and same thing, shut the truck off after it started. opened the door and put the truck to run I could hear the pump pressurize and hit the start button. started right up, shut it off, started it again and no issue. Im going to bring it into the dealer on Monday but thought id reach out to you folks here

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/