5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hensley Arrow Hitch Install

mzflorida

Reaction score
Hi. I’m installing a Hensley arrow sway elimination and weight distribution hitch on my RV this weekend. It seems straightforward. I was wondering if anyone has had any challenges installing this brand and if so any tips to overcome them.
Thanks!
Mike

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
I have one. Take your time. Make sure the bars from the head to the brackets are parallel to the ground. Grease everything good and I usually give the hitch a shot before I tow to avoid squeaks.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
Another thing i will add is keep a tape measure in you're truck and figure out what height you need to set the trailer to in order to make backing the stinger in easier. I wrote it right on the stinger, set my height then jump in the truck. Its a small learning curve but after a few times on and off the truck you will have it down pat. I keep a cordless ratchet with me to set the tension bars. Helps speed things up

mzflorida

Reaction score
I have one. Take your time. Make sure the bars from the head to the brackets are parallel to the ground. Grease everything good and I usually give the hitch a shot before I tow to avoid squeaks.
Thanks for the tips! It is hot as hell down here right now so I am trying to get it done with the least amount of cursing and time!

mzflorida

Reaction score
Another thing i will add is keep a tape measure in you're truck and figure out what height you need to set the trailer to in order to make backing the stinger in easier. I wrote it right on the stinger, set my height then jump in the truck. Its a small learning curve but after a few times on and off the truck you will have it down pat. I keep a cordless ratchet with me to set the tension bars. Helps speed things up
That is actually excellent advice on recording the height. I don't think I've seen that anywhere and is probably one of best tips yet. Thanks again!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread