5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi with eTorque towing questions

mtjag

Reaction score
Wanting to buy a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7Hemi with eTorque. Looking for information as this particular truck doesn't have the trailer brake controller and only the 26 gallon tank, but it lists it as having the "tow package" but not sure what that means. It does have the 3.92 rear axle ratio.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure the tow package came with the brake controller and tow mirrors, at least my non e-torque did.
You might regret the 26 gallon tank if you tow any longer distances.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My 2019 (Non-eTorque) Big Horn Window sticker says

Trailer–Tow Group $400
Power Black Trailer–Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold–Away
Trailer Brake Control

The Limited Slip rear end was another $495
The Class IV Receiver–Hitch was part of the Level 2 package.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wanting to buy a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7Hemi with eTorque. Looking for information as this particular truck doesn't have the trailer brake controller and only the 26 gallon tank, but it lists it as having the "tow package" but not sure what that means. It does have the 3.92 rear axle ratio.
Enter the vin number of the truck you are looking at here

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of two options I did not order on my 2019, as I wanted heated, power-folding mirrors. The rest of the trailer-tow group could be added separately, so I do have (for example) the trailer brake controller.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bet the seller considers a trailer hitch a tow package. Different years the tow package included different things. Right now, you can order the trailer brake, without the tow package. Trailer mirrors are not part of the current tow package. I have never heard of the tow package not having the trailer brake control. You can add it, but it's not plug and play. I think it takes a harness, and I know after it is installed, the computer has to be programmed.

mtjag

Reaction score
My 2019 (Non-eTorque) Big Horn Window sticker says

Trailer–Tow Group $400
Power Black Trailer–Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold–Away
Trailer Brake Control

The Limited Slip rear end was another $495
The Class IV Receiver–Hitch was part of the Level 2 package.
this one doesn't have limited slip but it does have:
  • E-LOCKER REAR AXLE

mtjag

Reaction score
Pretty sure the tow package came with the brake controller and tow mirrors, at least my non e-torque did.
You might regret the 26 gallon tank if you tow any longer distances.
How well does your Hemi tow? What is the weight of your trailer and do you tow in the mountains? I'm not sure I need the eTorque, but it seems it does help with taking off and shifting mostly.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How well does your Hemi tow? What is the weight of your trailer and do you tow in the mountains? I'm not sure I need the eTorque, but it seems it does help with taking off and shifting mostly.
I only do occasional towing and it is pretty flat where I live. The heaviest load was my daughters car on a U-haul trailer, guessing about 5k lbs.
Pulled fine with more than enough power, gas mileage was around 6 or 8 Mpg IIRC.
Go and ask the guys at the "towing" sub-forum, they have more experience than I do when it comes to towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online