5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi w/ eTorque - power mods? Underpowered as stock.

Creamsicle

Reaction score
Good day all,

Picked up my new truck yesterday and am thoroughly impressed with the assembly quality and features. It's far closer to a luxury car than the work horses of years past - exactly what I wanted.

But...

I really need to find some (reasonable) ways to improve power. Throttle tip in is quite lazy and it never really seems to pull HARD. I knew this going in and I am neither surprised nor terribly disappointed but I was hoping those experienced with this drive train could offer advice on best bolt-on power mods.

Do these trucks respond well to intake & exhaust or is it all for the sound improvement? Have the Pulsar coming already. 3.92 gears

Any suggestions to improve the get up and go?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Pulsar (or Pedal Commander) installs show the best plug n play improvements that i've seen on the forums.

I'm tempted to get one of those two as well, it seems the Pulsar offers a bit more but is less friendly to use than the PC. Looking for a a deal eventually haha

There's a dyno chart on exhaust and the HP gain from going with a straight through / cutout - havent' seen the same for the intake but that said, the 5.7 hemi has been around long enough that tried and true methods definitely exist for the motor.

When you get your pulsar installed, definitely post up your thoughts!

My biggest complaint is actually the spin-down of the throttle - If I floor it and release, the motor takes an age to get back to idle; it almost feels like a 'dampened' throttle, or semi-stuck

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what you're experiencing is a calibration tuned for comfort and smoothness; the power is there it just doesn't feel like it. Something like the Pulsar or the canned tunes from Diablosport that restore throttle responsiveness and shift quickness will give you a more noticeable improvement than an exhaust or intake.

Creamsicle

Reaction score
I've got a Pulsar in shipping from a fellow board member and just ordered the Magna flow 19429 that several board members seem thrilled with.

Hopefully this will improve the situation somewhat.

The truck is absolutely amazing with respect to comfort, tech, and amenities - just needs to be nastier!

My tuned Ecoboost spoiled me for power even if Ford is a dirty word around here. ;)

Trying to buy an aFe CAI from a board member as well to round out the package. Addicted to mods...

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread