5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi transmission

warvet

Reaction score
I've noticed this once or twice in the 3 weeks and change I've had my Ram.

Conversely, my former '17 Silverado LTZ with their 8 speed did it ALL THE TIME. Before that, my '14 Silverado LT (6 speed) never did it.

My vote is also transmission programming.

My God, my 16 GMC (just traded) did it all the time. Funny thing is, it didn't really bother me until I read on the forum about it..... lol. It was always confused between 2nd and 1st depending on speed.

My 19 did it once, but it was a quick take off from gas station with quick acceleration up to 60 mph so I could hop over to far lane, , quick deceleration to jump into turning lane and then had to stop quickly before I crossed over the highway. That all happened very fast......I didn't want to make ppl slow down and tried to jump out of their way quickly. It bumped slightly right as I came to that quick stop. . Man, I'm not even worrying about it. That Hemi made my 6 speed GMC feel like a 4 cyl :)

Any issues I see early, I'll keep my eye on them, take note, and do one appointment MUCH later and address them. I only have 400 miles and truly don't have any issues.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine did it quite a bit early on. Now with 1,000 miles on it, I haven't noticed it doing it lately.

John813

Reaction score
Mine did it once, under 300 miles. Tried to replicate it but it hasn't done it since. For me it was very minor.

Just passed 1k miles.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
My "16 Z71 w/ 6.2l would do it on occasion the 1st 6 months. Freaked me out 1st time, almost kissed the bumper of the car in front of me.
After that, episodes were less dramatic until I didn't notice, for the most part.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These transmission "learn" and resetting the learning can get rid of a bad habit. Not sure on the Ram but pulling a fuse in my Jeep with the previous version of this same transmission seems to do the trick. There was a TSB on how to retrain mine after a reset. I followed the procedure and mine smoothed out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread