5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi starting problem

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
I ran into this issue about two months ago. i have a 2020 ram 1500 sport crew cab with 50000km (31000 miles). Truck never had any starting problems. Even in the canadian winter weather. Battery is original. Parked my truck just like any normal day and went to start the next morning. Wouldnt crank over. Initially i thought that it could be a key fob problem but as soon as i rolled my window down i heard a clicking noise. Went under the truck and removed the shield from the started motor. checked the battery cable on the starter and it was tight. cranked the truck over while watching the starter and sure enough the cable sparked. Tighten up the 13mm bolt and truck fired right up. Even though the nut was not loose and i only snug it a little bit. Make sure that the even if the nut looks tight it might be loose just enough to cause this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread