5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi 5.7 eTorque unavailable for new builds?

Bas

Reaction score
That is what I was told by a dealer who said he would try to create a factory order for me: "Currently, RAM is not allowing the exact build you shared to even be configured nor ordered. The 5.7L V8 MDS VVT e Torque Engine as a whole is currently not available to be built."

Of course in the same email he tries to sell me a different trim that he has on his lot, so taking it with a grain of salt but am curious.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you make sure he was creating it as a "sold order"? I think that's the only way you can order one right now. If it's not a sold order, it's just dealer stock.

DeanKing

Reaction score
There are some quirks with the ordering system. 4 weeks ago when I placed my order, my dealer could not do it. Something about the seats in the Sport Appearance Package were a problem. He had to go through his RAM support contact. They have a special name for those people but I forgot what it was. Apparently that person has a different ordering system and they were able to put through the order. Or so I am told. I am awaiting my VON to start tracking. I ordered the eTorque so when I get my VON, I will post if it is held up.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are some quirks with the ordering system. 4 weeks ago when I placed my order, my dealer could not do it. Something about the seats in the Sport Appearance Package were a problem. He had to go through his RAM support contact. They have a special name for those people but I forgot what it was. Apparently that person has a different ordering system and they were able to put through the order. Or so I am told. I am awaiting my VON to start tracking. I ordered the eTorque so when I get my VON, I will post if it is held up.
If it’s been 4 weeks and you still don’t have a VON, it was never ordered. You get the VON the second after they hit the submit button. The VIN can take a few days/weeks.

Dontra

Reaction score
There is a hold on etorque and air ride. Hopefully the supply will catch up soon

DeanKing

Reaction score
If it’s been 4 weeks and you still don’t have a VON, it was never ordered. You get the VON the second after they hit the submit button. The VIN can take a few days/weeks.
My issue was that my salesperson could not hit the button. It had to go through the special Ram person the next business day. I didn’t even know about a VON until I read about the tracking thread here. I called yesterday and am awaiting a call back. If I don’t have an order I am going to have some questions what they have been doing with my deposit for a month.

768mph

Reaction score
The only reason I have the eTorque is when I ordered back in May, the eTorque was the only option and the regular Hemi could not be ordered. I almost canceled it but was curious. So I kept it and got it in September.

Last edited:

jamesfg

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky my dealer got my Rebel as it was. I'm disappointed it doesn't have remote start (which I can add later) nor keyless entry. Take the good with the bad.

Mike67

Reaction score
Just told by my dealer that order on hold until 10/05 for the etorque.
I put in my order on 9/22, but he didnt say anything until I texted him with a change to the order today. All I wanted to do was add the BUG.
I really wish they were more communicative.
When we originally ordered he said call in a month for an update.
Then after reading these forums, I asked for VON and VIN, he said remind him in a couple of weeks.
Not sure why I have to remind him, I assume he could put a calendar entry on his phone to get back to me.
Just frusrrated.

Newb

Reaction score
Anyone have any further information? I just placed an order but was told I couldn't add etorque to the 5.7 until January at the earliest.

Very frustrating as it's a feature that really appeals to me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread