5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

ternsdorff

Reaction score
Help, driving on trip to parents today, and 200 miles in, the low oil pressure light comes on. I immediately pull over and engine shuts down. I don't see any oil, but the oil smells really hot. The service engine light (or something like that) flashed. Now the truck won't even engage starter. It only has 26,000 miles on it? Any thoughts. Dose it need to go into dealer, and if so can ram cares help with that process? Will ORBII alow a reset, to clear code or what ever is stopping it from turning over?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you check the dipstick?
That.

And, always carry a spare quart of oil.

Doesn't help you at the moment (or 3 1/2 hours ago), but let us know what failed. Your situation is unusual.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Help, driving on trip to parents today, and 200 miles in, the low oil pressure light comes on. I immediately pull over and engine shuts down. I don't see any oil, but the oil smells really hot. The service engine light (or something like that) flashed. Now the truck won't even engage starter. It only has 26,000 miles on it? Any thoughts. Dose it need to go into dealer, and if so can ram cares help with that process? Will ORBII alow a reset, to clear code or what ever is stopping it from turning over?
Wow! First post and you have a problem with the engine. Did you look on the front and the back of that thing before you purchased it to ensure there wasn't a blue oval on it?

Seriously, am sorry to hear about this as it can be frustrating especially over the holidays. Did you recently have an oil change done before this trip...like in the past week? What engine do you have?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does this seem off? If I my truck died 200 miles from home my first thought would obviously be 'join 5thgen', my advice would be, have it towed, rent a vehicle, get to your destination, enjoy your holiday. Worry about this on Monday. You likely will not get anything done this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread