5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with ZRoadz hood hinge LED mounts

ksneubec

Reaction score
Help! I installed the Zroadz hood hinge LED mount this weekend but it seems to be hitting a piece of plastic at the bottom of the windshield when I close the hood (and it throws the hood alignment off slightly). I've seen plenty of people install these so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. There is some "play" in adjustment but it seems like if I move the mount any more inward (which seems to be the only way to miss the plastic), I won't be engaging the bolts under the hood. Any suggestions? TIA

Attachments

• hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48
  • hood1.jpg
    hood1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Looking at how that is sitting, I hate to ask but do you have them installed on the right side? Mine don't seem to stick so far off to the side like that and are more over the hood.

EDIT: Maybe not.. I just went back and looked at mine, they look similar 1646070508303.png

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have a whole lot of advice other than to say that I had this issue at first, too, but I fiddled with the brackets and the problem went away.

Here’s what mine looks like under the hood. 38495D6F-BFF7-4B9E-B2D7-264C79EF84E6.jpeg

ksneubec

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help, folks. I've been busy this week but hopefully tomorrow I will try readjusting them again. I also made sure the hood lined up with tape but I'm wondering if I may be a bit off base on the angle at which I look at the alignment. Either way it sounds like it is definitely a "its not you, its me" problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread