5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with ram order!

Nannni

Reaction score
I factory ordered ram 1500 bighorn 2022 quad cab and I agreed my to pay MSRP $55,550. I did not do enough research and just went with the 2nd dealer I found. I did not know about Mark dodge or Tread lightly program. However, 2 weeks in the order I can’t cancel my order since I already got the VIN so Mark dodge is out. Also I paid $2,500 non refundable deposit! So now I am trying to use the Tread Lightly but my dealer says that, “ I was just about to message you. Unfortunately brother we won’t be able to accommodate that discount because there’s only certain vehicles that we can use that discount for” I also reached out to another dealer who was accepting the Tread lightly for my order but again unfortunately I can’t cancel.Can someone please help me and let me know if there’s any way I can use the tread lightly affiliate or I just have to rely on the rebates when the truck comes in.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge, Tread Lightly is not vehicle specific. So they’re not being truthful with you.
You might consider pricing it up with Mark Dodge anyways. If you save more than $2500 over your current deal, then it would make sense to walk away from your deposit.

Dobbij88

Reaction score
Man. Fair chance you can eat the $2500 deposit and still come out ahead by rolling with Mark Dodge. Honestly, the experience is likely going to be better as well.

Sounds like these guys got you in already and aren’t going to budge.. You might can play hardball with them after you tell them you’ve gotten a better quote elsewhere.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To my knowledge, Tread Lightly is not vehicle specific. So they’re not being truthful with you.
You might consider pricing it up with Mark Dodge anyways. If you save more than $2500 over your current deal, then it would make sense to walk away from your deposit.
What is Tread Lighty Program?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I factory ordered ram 1500 bighorn 2022 quad cab and I agreed my to pay MSRP $55,550. I did not do enough research and just went with the 2nd dealer I found. I did not know about Mark dodge or Tread lightly program. However, 2 weeks in the order I can’t cancel my order since I already got the VIN so Mark dodge is out. Also I paid $2,500 non refundable deposit! So now I am trying to use the Tread Lightly but my dealer says that, “ I was just about to message you. Unfortunately brother we won’t be able to accommodate that discount because there’s only certain vehicles that we can use that discount for” I also reached out to another dealer who was accepting the Tread lightly for my order but again unfortunately I can’t cancel.Can someone please help me and let me know if there’s any way I can use the tread lightly affiliate or I just have to rely on the rebates when the truck comes in.
A few members here have eaten their deposits and gone with Mark Dodge, and still paid less in the end.

Give them a call and see what they can do. They sure as hell won't jerk you around over $500.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is Tread Lighty Program?
It’s an off-roading stewardship program. If you join, you’re eligible for a discount towards the purchase of a Ram ( among other brands).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online