5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with leveling truck

Davidbt

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Bighorn crew cab that I'm looking to level when I buy new tires, probably around September. I'm not looking to lift it up to much, I would just like to level it and maybe move to a size up from the stock 275/65/16's. I pull a travel trailer and installed air lift 1000's. Would 2" pucks be fine for what I'm trying to accomplish? Any help would be appreciated.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. They are not optimal but they will do fine. If you plan to off road it they are not good but it doesn't sound like you want to do that.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Yes. They are not optimal but they will do fine. If you plan to off road it they are not good but it doesn't sound like you want to do that.
Thanks. As far as off-road, nothing more serious than a Forest road or graded desert road.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I'd say go with one of the adjustable struts options from Bilstien or Eibach.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Bilstein's are good advice. One of the best decisions I made with my 2014.

My 2019 has air suspension so I don't have the option anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Davidbt

Reaction score
Bilstein's are good advice. One of the best decisions I made with my 2014.

My 2019 has air suspension so I don't have the option anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm thinking the full front and rear set since I pull a travel trailer 3 or 4 times a year.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I got motofab top hat spacers. No regrets.
Do you do any towing? I tow our travel trailer 3 or 4 times a year and think the Bilsteins and proper tow tires will be beneficial. I don't want to get crazy, just a level and a size or 2 bigger tires. This is my 3rd truck in 4 years and I would like to keep this one for awhile.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Only tow a 16 ft flat bed trailer now and then. Nothing heavy like a camper.

If I did I’d definitely have 10 ply tires, bags in the rear, and a different hitch.

Last edited:

whackflyer

Reaction score
You will eventually have issues with pucks. This one has 2" Rough Country N3 leveling struts and 1" Motofab spacers in the rear. You will never be able to replicate the cushy stock ride but this isn't too bad. Running Timber Grove air bags as well. 285/60 Toyo Open Country's. It has 1/2-3/4 inch rake with no weight in the back. First photo here has probably 80 lbs in the back and second one probably 150, both with pretty much nothing in the airbags. The Timber Groves make it really easy to get it level when you get more substantial amounts of weight in the back or you're towing. IMG20230404181604.jpg IMG20230408171129.jpg

Davidbt

Reaction score
You will eventually have issues with pucks. This one has 2" Rough Country N3 leveling struts and 1" Motofab spacers in the rear. You will never be able to replicate the cushy stock ride but this isn't too bad. Running Timber Grove air bags as well. 285/60 Toyo Open Country's. It has 1/2-3/4 inch rake with no weight in the back. First photo here has probably 80 lbs in the back and second one probably 150, both with pretty much nothing in the airbags. The Timber Groves make it really easy to get it level when you get more substantial amounts of weight in the back or you're towing. View attachment 156201 View attachment 156202
Thanks. I have air lift 1000s and only have 600/650 lbs of tounge weight. I think the Bilsteins will work great for me.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will eventually have issues with pucks. This one has 2" Rough Country N3 leveling struts and 1" Motofab spacers in the rear. You will never be able to replicate the cushy stock ride but this isn't too bad. Running Timber Grove air bags as well. 285/60 Toyo Open Country's. It has 1/2-3/4 inch rake with no weight in the back. First photo here has probably 80 lbs in the back and second one probably 150, both with pretty much nothing in the airbags. The Timber Groves make it really easy to get it level when you get more substantial amounts of weight in the back or you're towing. View attachment 156201 View attachment 156202
You most certainly replicate the cushy ride. You can go well past it. It's just gonna cost you.

whackflyer

Reaction score
You most certainly replicate the cushy ride. You can go well past it. It's just gonna cost you.
You're correct. I should've explained myself better. What I meant to say is people that want to affordably level their truck can't expect to have the same ride as stock.

whackflyer

Reaction score
My spacers aren’t preload so the ride isn’t affected.
I dug myself a hole here :ROFLMAO:. You're also correct. I don't want to come if as a know it all here, so please don't take me that way. You've probably seen this but I'll put it out there anyway. Although a good option for leveling cheaply and preserving ride quality, top hat spacers can cause some issues. Here's a article on it.

In 95% of use cases this doesn't seem to be a problem but the type of guy I am I'd rather pay a bit more and mitigate the risk of something bad happening. That's my take, feel free to debate. I don't want to hijack this thread tho!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread