5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Horn wiring to prevent easy theft

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
I've seen the YouTube videos of the a$$-hats cutting the horn wires thru the front grill to disable the horns so they can break into the truck without making any noise. I have a secondary horn that I want to install away from the stock horn, but need some help with the wiring. I figure if I can tie into the same wiring, but deeper in the engine compartment or even under the dash, if they cut the wires to the stock horns thru the grill, the 2nd horn will still sound the alarm when they open the door. Anyone have any ideas regarding where else I can tie in? Trying to avoid a massive dashboard interior teardown to get to the wiring. I saw in my manual that fuse #57 in the engine compartment power center is for the horn. If I tie/tap into that fuse, will it work? Any other ideas? Ravelco looks unbeatable, but trying a much cheaper alternative first.

Users who are viewing this thread