5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with choosing a factory tire on the 1500 big horn

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all. I would love some guidance for choosing a tire on a factoy order that i am placing tomorrow on a ram 1500 with a 20inch rim. 275/55R20 All season. 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires. And the275/55R20 BSW All-Season Tires.
I dont know much about the tread or what brand comes on from the factory! I would like.a.tired thats a bit aggressive and handles well
that in advance

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The falcon wild peaks are probably the best of the oem options and they still aren’t great.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The falcon wild peaks are probably the best of the oem options and they still aren’t great.
I agree, got them on my new Off-Road Group Limited from factory. Really like them.

The oem Goodyear Wranglers I think I had on my ‘19 Laramie are absolutely terrible, specifically in snow. Worst tire I ever had. (It was the 275/65R18 BSW All-Season LRR, Big Horn probably has a variant like that. Regardless if it’s a Goodyear wrangler oem factory tire, stay away).

Edit:

The Falken Wildpeaks will be the 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrains. Need the -Off-Road Group, North Edition, or BTS though.

Wonder what those LT275/65R18C’s are though...hmmm. Yeah just get an all-terrain or off-road true imo. The all seasons from factory are kinda trash.

Last edited:

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Agree with the previous comments. The Falkens are the best of the bunch...but it's not a great bunch overall. If you don't want to pay extra for the Offroad group i would suggest just taking whatever tire comes cheapest and while your waiting for your truck to arrive secure a better set at a local tire shop. You should be able to get $400+ for your factory tires on FB on CL pretty easily.

Quint

Reaction score
When my 2015 crapped the bed, I traded it in for 2021. I had just put new Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires on the truck. They had 1,000 miles on them. When the new truck arrived, I paid the dealership about $150 of shop time to swap tires. My trade-in got brand new *stock* tires and my new 2021 got the tires that I wanted.

My suggestion is to buy the tires that you want and see if the dealership will take the tires off of your truck for face value. They can re-sell them in the service department for full price. You'll likely be satisfied -- at best -- with any OEM tire. Most likely, you will be dissatisfied. Upgrading on the build is a waste of money IMO.

kkcrreed

Reaction score
Hello all. I would love some guidance for choosing a tire on a factoy order that i am placing tomorrow on a ram 1500 with a 20inch rim. 275/55R20 All season. 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires. And the275/55R20 BSW All-Season Tires.
I dont know much about the tread or what brand comes on from the factory! I would like.a.tired thats a bit aggressive and handles w

I dont know much about the tread or what brand comes on from the factory! I would like.a.tired thats a bit aggressive and handles well
that in advance
I have the Nexem’s and they are only good in dry weather. Forget ice and snow!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was not happy with the oem Goodyear Wranglers that came on my truck so I would probably go with the Falkens.

reezey

Reaction score
275/55R20 Continental Terrain Contact AT...You will be very happy with these tires. Leaps and bounds over any Goodyear or Bridgestone Tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/