5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with buying a 2500

pconklin46

Reaction score
hey guys im new here so thanks for the add. i am considering buying a 2021 ram 2500 tradesman but having a hard time negotiating with dealers all over the country. i unfortunately missed the amazing deal of Employee Pricing my buddy got. heres some things i want in the truck.

CCLB
Tradesman level 2 with the 8.4 screen
not white
6.4 hemi

so far ive found the MSRP is around 49K and there hasnt been much budging by the dealers. is there a better time of year to wait until? does employee pricing happen at the end of every year? what ar some negotiating tips? the most ive had them come down is like 1000 bucks.

You may want to go to our sister site HDRAMS.COM

You will get some more specific data there. As the deals on 1500s anf HeftyDuty trucks can be different.

But there is also alot of knowledge here. So stick around here too.

What ^he said. He frequents both sites, as do I.
Anything UConnect, alfobd or adding factory interior options related this site is a good reference as much of the hardware is the same. Most other stuff is more likely to be found on HDRams.

It certainly seems that there is not as much wiggle on prices for HD's, though if you can find one that's been on the lot for some time then you will have a better chance at getting a good deal on it. With COVID inventories, dealers are less likely to deal because there are less new trucks out there so they are holding out for top dollar on them. Not to mention trucks with certain packages will command top dollar as some options have been repackaged due to chip shortages, I know I have seen 1500 orders where this has affected the truck they ordered vs the truck that's being built for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back